East 40 Gardens & Nature Area
As a program of Northampton Community College, East 40 has always had a focus on both academic coursework and experiential learning.
A community space for learning, growing and creating
We recognize that we stand on the homeland of the Lenape, and pay respect and honor to the caretakers of this land, from time immemorial until now, and into the future.
The dream of the East 40 community – since its inception in September 2010 – is to create and foster a welcoming space for place-based learning.
With the dedication of NCC’s students, faculty and staff, and members of the larger community, East 40 has grown to embrace that dream. With a tranquil setting that includes meadows, gardens, and forest, it not only offers a natural environment but one that offers space to honor hand-crafting and the creative process. Sustainability is a theme that centers all we do, and the study of food plays a vital role in linking together our varied efforts.
The twin concepts of justice and equity provide for a valuable mindset for our participants and partners, and the shared lens by which we process and understand our work.
- I See My Light Shining: Oral Histories of Our Elders Columbia
- Health and Medical Humanities Initiative Columbia
- Zip Code Memory Project Columbia
- East 40 Gardens & Nature Area Lehigh University
- Finding H.D. Lehigh University
- Southsider: Celebrating Bethlehem’s Southside Culture Lehigh University
- Black Bethlehem Project Lehigh University
- Lehigh Valley LGBT Community Archive Lehigh University
- The Story Box: Franz Boas, George Hunt and the Making of Anthropology Bard Graduate Center
- Endurance Streets (堅韌的街道): Resilience and Response in Boston’s Chinese Community Tufts
- Bard Graduate Center Craft, Art and Design Oral History Project Bard Graduate Center
- Voices in Studio Glass History Bard Graduate Center
- Staging the Table in Europe 1500–1800 Bard Graduate Center
- Shaped by the Loom: Weaving Worlds in the American Southwest Bard Graduate Center
- Public Humanities Collaborative Cheryl Nixon University of Massachusetts Boston
- Democracy in America: The History of Our Time and Place Matthew Jacobson Yale
- In Their Presence: Debates on the Dignity, Display, and Ownership of Human Remains Tufts
- These Words: A Century of Printing, Writing, and Reading in Boston’s Chinese Community 這些文字：波士頓華人社區一個世紀的印刷、寫作和閱讀 Tufts
- CUNY Humanities Alliance Katina Rogers CUNY
- The University Worth Fighting For Katina Rogers CUNY
- Team-taught graduate courses focusing on equity and pedagogy across the curriculum Katina Rogers CUNY
- Undergraduate Leadership Fellows program Katina Rogers CUNY
- The Historian’s Eye Matthew Jacobson Yale
- Photogrammar Laura Wexler Yale
- Providence Chinatown Brown Public Humanities
- Hacking Heritage Brown Public Humanities
- Rhode Tour Brown Public Humanities
- John Ashbery’s Nest Karin Roffman Yale